Thursday, May 25, 2017

Bent not Broken (5.25.2017)

There's some young trees on the playfield of my school.
The trees are leaning to one side.
Bent...but not broken.

There are some teachers I know.
Too many to name.
The end of year testing cycle is almost complete.
It's evaluation time as well.
My colleagues are weary & worn.
They are bent...but not broken.

Today is Thursday, May 25,2017.
For reasons I'm not quite sure about, it's been a bit rough this week.
One night, I went to bed around 7:30pm.
The tv and cell phone were both shut off for that particular evening.
My mind needed to just stop.
My body needed to rest.

Tomorrow is Friday, May 26,2017.
I'm still here...looking forward.
God has blessed myself and other educators with so much grit & resilience that if you bottled it the product would sell out worldwide.

I'm thankful tonight for that grit & resilience.
Bent? Oh yes.
Broken? No. Not broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On That Day...

During Summer 2018 I had two interviews. Job interview #1 was for the newly established position of Master Teacher. Job interview #2 was...