Thursday, June 22, 2017

When June Showed Up (6.22.2017)

When June showed up
there was cause
to pause and reflect on
another year of service to
the youth of our city and their families

I also paused to consider that
How we all looked in late August
And early September was often not the same as how we looked when June showed up

Whether it was students who moved
Students who arrived
Staff going away for awhile
Staff coming back
In some cases there was a noticeable difference

I am not afraid to thank God for June
I just happen to be in a profession that, if you want to, you can rest for awhile in the Summer

Rest one's mind and body

So important

At the same time I am not totally
disconnected from Education
In fact there are daily changes in my own district that I am monitoring via the news in order to better prepare myself for late August and early September

Until then, I pray for a Summer of rest, relaxation and self care for my colleagues and their families.

I pray for a safe and trauma-free summer for the youth and their families as well.

I pray for God's covering and protection for all of us.

June is now preparing its exit.
July is on its way.
August and September are not too far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On That Day...

During Summer 2018 I had two interviews. Job interview #1 was for the newly established position of Master Teacher. Job interview #2 was...