Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Dream Off The Shelf

Sometimes when faced with a situation that redirects your dreams and goals you just might find yourself placing those dreams on the shelf of your mind. > This happened to me when I found myself placed back into the classroom after having been an Instructional Coach for three years. You see, my intent was to leave from that setting and transition into a place of leadership as I had seen other colleagues do in the past. In that instance, I did feel defeated as though I had to start all over again. However, God, in His wisdom, had a plan for me that turned out a bit better than anything I could have manufactured on my own.

God knew that I lacked certain experiences needed to make a relatively smooth transition into a place of semi-admin status so He had me return to the elementary classroom and then eventually work with middle school students (Grades 6-8) as well. As I have testified to others, God knew my desire and thought enough of me to help me be prepared.

We are sometimes guilty of wanting to follow someone else's plan towards getting something we want. Yes, that was definitely me. I wasn't until I settled down and reassessed myself that I realized that my dream needed not to remain on the shelf just because of a few obstacles. My dream is very much alive and once again ready to be placed in motion with the hope that the dream just might come to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On That Day...

During Summer 2018 I had two interviews. Job interview #1 was for the newly established position of Master Teacher. Job interview #2 was...