Sunday, March 19, 2017

This Ain't Nothing New (3.19.2017)

When I shared some information with a Teacher Friend
She began to panic
I was actually about to panic as well
Until I remembered that the info I was shared
Had been shared before
Last year
The year before that
and the year before that

I had to remind my friend
That what is and what's to come

Ain't nothing new

I had to remind my friend that we had heard the stories before
The requests
The rumblings
The rumors

Ain't nothing new

I also reminded my friend that the Same God who got us through the last school year
The school year before that
and the school year before that
Will be a very present help when we call upon Him this school year

There is no cry, no prayer, no worry
That God has not heard from a teacher

The upcoming local and state assessments
The teacher evaluations
The portfolio preparation
The schedule of school events and field trips squeezed in between mid-March and June

How are we going to manage it all?
How are we going to make it?

I can hear God say in my ear:

"Relax...I've got you"

"This ain't nothing new"

No comments:

Post a Comment

On That Day...

During Summer 2018 I had two interviews. Job interview #1 was for the newly established position of Master Teacher. Job interview #2 was...