Friday, March 21, 2014

The Constipated Lesson

*Submitted for discussion purposes*
*Please learn from my classroom management concerns*

One day the lessons flowed.
I mean really flowed.
Why?
Well, that kid was absent.
That other kid was absent.
Oh and that other kid was absent too.
And it wasn't a snow day either.
On that day, my lessons flowed.

The next day, the lessons were constipated.
I mean there was some serious backup.
That kid showed up.
That other kid showed up.
Oh and that other kid came to school as well.
The snow is melting now.
Spring has arrived.
No more snow days.
On that day, my lessons did not flow.

I don't like those type of days.
I really don't.
Days when I have to hold back.
Days when the attendance for the day
Dictates whether or not I should bring out the scissors.
Nope.
No scissors today.
That kid showed up.
That other kid showed up.
Oh and that other kid came to school too.
Plan B.
Can you really do a cut & paste without scissors?
We're about to find out.

~Erica M Dean - March 21, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

On That Day...

During Summer 2018 I had two interviews. Job interview #1 was for the newly established position of Master Teacher. Job interview #2 was...