Friday, November 30, 2012

Built by Wayne State - Powered by UMich-Dearborn

I'm the type of person who believes in giving credit where credit is due:


All of my Wayne State U IT professors.
All of my UMich-Dearborn  EdTech professors.
...and the IT Prof. who taught me how to make Flash movies that semester at Wayne State.

Thank you all.

You see, at the time I decided to pursue coursework in K12 Instructional Technology at Wayne State University,I looked around and found that there were not many students that (cough cough) "looked like me".  That didn't bother me too much, as I focused and excelled in all my technology classes because I really enjoyed what I was learning.

ADDIE - Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation

Yup.  The foundation.

While some of my family members needed an extra explanation of what I had majored in via earning my M.Ed, others simply thought that I was now able to become a extra fancy computer teacher.

Maybe.

Never one to rest on my duff, I somehow stumbled upon the Educational Technology program at The University of Michigan-Dearborn Campus.  Upon completion of the EdTech coursework, it appeared that what Wayne State had dropped into my spirit, UMich-Dearborn had polished.

Oh, what a shine.

God has a funny way of developing the skill sets of His children.  It took two very unique Universities to turn me into a certified K12 Instructional Technologist / K12 Educational Technology Leader.

Wow.

So when you look on my resume, I can't really talk about Wayne State University's Instructional Technology program without talking about The University of Michigan-Dearborn's Educational Technology program in the very next sentence.  It just wouldn't be fair to the faculty of both institutions.

Little do they know that both programs have changed my life, as I am still using what I learned today.

My personal website, wiki, blog, and Twitter account is brought to you by the letters WSU and UMD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On That Day...

During Summer 2018 I had two interviews. Job interview #1 was for the newly established position of Master Teacher. Job interview #2 was...